fredag 9 maj 2014

Realising the seriousness of the Troubles

Today we began the day with going to the Titanic museum. The building was only three years old so it was brand new, but I thought the exhibition was really interesting and well done. I found it really exciting that next to the museum was the Titanic Studios were they e.g. the TV-series Game of Thrones.

After that we walked to the Crumlin Road Gaol. I thought it was a really scary place, especially the place were they use to hang people.
Finally, we had the black taxi tour. We saw murals and the peace walls. In a way I thought it was the first time on this whole trip when we saw the real conflict that still exist, but of course not in the same seriousness as it did during the Troubles. I think I finally start to understand how serious of a thing the Troubles were.